- Vivo has announced the X Fold, the company’s first folding phone.
- As with Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold, the X Fold has an 8.03-inch folding screen on the inside that functions similarly to an iPad and a smaller 6.53-inch screen on the exterior that functions similarly to an iPhone.
- The phone’s hinge allows it to fold flat or prop open at angles ranging from 60 to 120 degrees.
- Apart from its ability to fold, the Vivo X Fold has a slew of premium features.
- Vivo X Fold Price The Vivo X Fold will start at $8,999 (about $1,413) with 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
The X Fold, Vivo’s first folding phone, has been unveiled. Like Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold, the X Fold has an 8.03-inch folding screen on the inside that can be used like an iPad and a smaller 6.53-inch screen on the outside that can be used as an iPhone.
Vivo X Fold Display
Schott’s Ultra-Thin Glass (UTG) is used as a protective layer on Vivo’s folding display, as is the case with Samsung’s. According to GSMArena, the phone’s hinge enables it to fold flat or prop open at angles ranging from 60 to 120 degrees. Compared to Samsung’s most current foldable smartphone, which is claimed to be able to withstand 200,000 folds, Vivo’s advertising claims that the phone’s screen should be able to withstand 300.000 folds.
Besides its ability to fold, the Vivo X Fold has a plethora of high-end features. With a 4,600mAh battery and Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, it can be recharged wirelessly at 50W or via cable at 66W. Ultrasonic fingerprint scanners are built into both of its screens, which have a refresh rate of up to 120Hz.
A 50-megapixel primary camera, a 48-megapixel ultra-wide lens, a 12 MP 2x telephoto lens, and an 8 MP 5x periscope lens are all found on the back of the phone, according to Android Authority. Hole-punch selfie cameras with a resolution of 16 megapixels are included on both the inner and outer screens.
The BBK supply chain empire includes Vivo, Oppo, OnePlus, and Realme. Oppo’s first folding phone, the Find N, was a great device, but it had a slightly smaller screen than the Vivo X Fold, which is still an impressive device. For the time being, only Chinese consumers will be able to purchase any of these gadgets.
Price of Vivo X Fold
With its 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage capacity, the Vivo X Fold’s starting price will be $8,999 (around $1,413). A 512GB model will be available for $1,570 and cost $9,999.