Google Docs is an excellent tool for producing everything from to-do lists to blog posts. When you use Google Docs for a lot of writing, spelling and grammar errors are common.
Instead of using a separate spelling and grammar tool for basic checks, you can use Google Docs’ built-in checker. This brief explanation will show you how.
How to Use Google Docs’ Spelling and Grammar Check
Google Docs includes almost every tool you’ll need to create error-free, high-quality documents. With a few clicks, you can create document outlines, insert images from the web, and much more.
The same can be said for spell and grammar checks. The built-in tool is simple to use and provides a quick way to check for spelling and grammar errors as you write. To use the tool, go through the following steps:
1. Select Tools from the toolbar at the top of your document.
2. Then, hover your cursor over Spelling and Grammar to see the sub-menu of options.
3. To run a quick check on your document, select Spelling and Grammar Check.
Following the completion of the check by Google Docs, a window will appear displaying the changes that should be made. Alternatively, you may notice that Document appears to be in good condition.
4. To accept a suggestion, simply click Accept in the window. You can also choose Ignore to dismiss a suggestion.
5. Simply select the three-dot menu in the spelling and grammar check window to accept or ignore all suggestions. You don’t have to accept or reject every change manually with this simple option.
What Else Can Google Docs Help You With?
The built-in spelling and grammar checker is just one of the tools available in Google Docs to help you create better documents. Google Docs can do so much more, including reading your copy back to you.