It’s always a good idea to keep your iPhone’s apps up to date. Not only will you benefit from newer features and performance enhancements, but newer app updates will also assist in the resolution of known bugs and issues.
You can manually update the apps on your iPhone. Alternatively, you can set the system software to automatically update apps for you.
How to Update Your Apps on Your iPhone Manually
You can update the apps on your iPhone at any time by going to the app store:
- Navigate to the App Store.
- Select your profile.
- Swipe down to start a search for the most recent app updates.
- To update an app, tap the Update button next to it. Alternatively, tap Update All to apply all available app updates.
Alternatively, you can use the App Store to look for an app. If there is a pending update, an Update button should appear alongside it. That’s ideal when you need to quickly update a single app.
How to Automatically Update Apps on Your iPhone
Instead of manually updating apps, you can program your iPhone to do it for you:
- On your iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select App Store.
- Toggle the switch next to Automatic Updates on.
Despite having automatic app updates turned on, your iPhone may not always install them right away. As a result, it’s still a good idea to run a manual update check once in a while.
How to Update Your iPhone’s Stock Apps
iOS includes a number of stock apps, including Safari, Photos, and Camera. The only way to keep those apps up to date is to update the system software on your iPhone. You can as well do it in the Settings:
- Tap General in the Settings app.
- Select Software Update.
- Wait a moment while your iPhone searches for the most recent system software update. Then, select Download and Install.
You can also set your iPhone to automatically install system software updates. To do so, go to the same screen in Step 3 and tap the Automatic Updates option, then toggle the switches next to Download iOS Updates and Install iOS Updates on.
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends on social media through any of the social icons above thank you.
Receive latest explicit news and how to solutions publication by subscribing to our post notification below or by joining any of our online community platforms.