Password or pin can be easily forgotten if not stored or been written down in a safe place. This prevent your personal information, phone information and your privacy from been leaked out.
We won’t be going into details on how to set a SIM lock, however, let’s go back to the main post on how to retrieve your SIM PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) if forgotten.
There are sure security reasons behind why your SIM card could be impeded by your internet service provider which could be as a result of routinely entering the wrong PIN code, or steadily faking/guessing a recharge card PIN, repeatedly etc.
Network provider might block your SIM card for these and other implicit reasons which must be opened with a PUK code.
How To Find Your SIM PUK Code
PUK codes are always located on each SIM card pack. These SIM pack contain your PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) which can be used to recover or unlock your SIM anytime it get locked
However, imagine a scenario in which you can’t get to this pack or maybe, you’ve lost it… How then, can you recover your PUK number.
HOW TO RECOVER YOUR SIM PUK CODE IF FORGOTTEN
Since you no longer have access to the SIM card pack, the only dependable and reliable solution is to contact your Network provider
They’ll direct you through the cycle by asking you some few questions which will assist them to finalize the necessary validations before unblocking your SIM card for you.
Note: If you can still find your SIM card pack you don’t need all these steps. All you need to do is to enter your PUK code whenever your SIM get locked out.
1. HOW TO RETRIEVE MTN SIM PUK CODE
If you want to recover your MTN SIM PUK contact the following customer care line depending on your choice.
- Dial 180, if you are calling directly with an MTN number.
- If you are calling from other network dial 08031000180. But if you are dialling the number outside Nigeria make sure to add the country code +234 before you call like this +2348031000180
- Next, after contacting the number provide the customer care representative with all the answers they ask you, it’s just to confirm if you are the owner of the locked MTN SIM.
Alternate Way To Get MTN PUK Code
You can also get your MTN PUK through the MyMTN mobile app which is available for Android and iOS. This app comes will a lot of features which make it easy to access all MTN services, tariff plans, data bundles and more.
- Download MyMTN mobile app for Android users or iOS users.
- Grant it’s access to your device.
- An OTP will be sent to your MTN number for verification.
- From there you’ll be able to locate your MTN SIM PUK number.
2. HOW TO RETRIEVE AIRTEL PUK CODE
If you don’t have access to your blocked Airtel SIM PUK number and you need assistance, contact Airtel customer care service with the following ways.
- Dial 111 from any Airtel number (you won’t be charged for this). Or Dial 08021500111 if you are contacting from other network provider.
- Dial +2348021500111 (paid call) if you are calling outside Nigeria. Airtel customer care service is available 24 hours a day.
- Next, provide them with the blocked Airtel number, last recharged amount, swap history (within the last 12 months) if any and the amount which you paid for data/social bundle for swift assistance.
3. HOW TO RETRIEVE GLO PUK CODE
If your Glo line gets blocked and you need to unlock it, simply call the Glo Customer Care service number below.
- Dial 121 or 200, if you are calling with a Glo number.
- Dial 08050020121 or 08050020200, if you are calling from other Nigerian network.
- If you are calling outside Nigeria Dial +2348050020121 or +2348050020200.
- Next, after contacting them provide the customer care representative with all the answers they ask you, it’s just to confirm if you are the owner of the locked Glo SIM
4. HOW TO RETRIEVE 9MOBILE PUK CODE
If your 9Mobile line gets blocked and you need to unlock it, simply call the 9Mobile Customer Care service number below.
- Dial 200, if you are calling directly from a 9mobile number.
- Dial 08090000200, if you’re calling from another Nigerian network.
- If you are calling outside Nigeria Dial +2348090000200.
- Next, provide the customer care representative with all the answers they ask you, it’s just to confirm if you are the owner of the locked 9Mobile SIM
These is only the proven way to get your PUK number on the Nigerian networks. Any alternate way apart from this is not advisable.
Also note that you can contact those networks provider through their social media platforms. Just choose the options best for you