Have you ever wondered how your favourite creators or colleagues manage to use a new super cool background every other day? They use a green screen, which allows you to digitally remove your background and replace it with a video or image of your choice. If you want to do something similar but don’t have a green screen, here are three quick ways to record green screen videos without one.
How To Make Green Screen Videos without a screen
Here are some simple ways to use your phone to record a green screen video or replace your background without using a green screen.
Utilize Instagram Reels
Instagram Reels has a background removal filter and is one of the simplest ways to record a green screen video and replace the background.
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Tap the Plus Icon at the top to go to the Reels tab.
- Locate the Green Screen filter.
- Apply the filter to your video and record it. Instagram will automatically remove the video’s background.
- You can easily record green screen videos by adding your favourite media as a background.
Download a Green Screen App
You can also use the Green Screen app on the go to apply the green screen effect to pre-recorded videos.
- Get the Green Screen app or download KineMaster from the Google Play Store.
- From the home page, select the Video option.
- From here, you can either select a video from the gallery or record one right away using the camera.
- Select the video you want to add and wait for it to process.
Viola! You have now removed the background from your video successfully. You can select from a variety of pre-existing backgrounds or upload your own from the gallery.
Use a Background Removal App
Another app for easily recording Green Screen videos and removing background from your videos works in the same design and functionality as the previous one.
- Get the Background Removal app or Video Background Removal from the Google Play Store.
- Select the video from which you want to remove the background by tapping on the video background changer.
- Similar to the previous app, this app now allows you to select from a variety of pre-existing backgrounds or add your own from the gallery.
These are ways in which you can be able to record videos with a green screen effect without using a green screen. If you found this guide helpful, you can share it with your friends, and check out more tech tips and tricks. Stay tuned for more info.