Occasionally, the Galaxy Watch 4 receives significant upgrades that enhance the already great Wear OS wristwatch. Of course, to take benefit of Galaxy Watch upgrades, you must verify the device is updated. This article will walk you through the process of checking for Galaxy Watch updates.
Galaxy Watch 4 Updates
The Galaxy Watch 4 has received a lot of frequent upgrades since its launch in late August 2021. The majority of them have been software upgrades to enhance stability and performance, ensuring that the Watch 4 operates at peak efficiency and speed.
Is the Galaxy Watch updated automatically?
This function has been included in previous versions of the Galaxy Watch, and it simplifies things somewhat. You are not required to check for updates regularly. There is a strong likelihood that it would download and install automatically when plugged in.
Unfortunately, the Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic do not support this function. To get upgrades, whether firmware or content, you must begin the download and installation manual. The silver lining is how simple it is to do this.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
The Galaxy Watch 4 may be updated in two ways. To begin with, you may do it directly via the smartwatch, however, this may present some difficulties. If your watch’s battery is running low, you’ll want to set it on the charger and wait until it reaches roughly 30% or more of its capacity. If you’ve enabled a screen lock on your Galaxy Watch, this becomes more difficult. You’ll need to re-enter the password each time you take a minute away from the watch. If you use Samsung Pay or Google Pay, you must enter a password.
It is recommended that you update your Galaxy Watch 4 using the Galaxy Wearable app. This app is already installed from the time you set up your Galaxy Watch. Having stated that, we’ll go through both techniques. Here’s how to update your Galaxy Watch directly from the watch:
How To Update Your Galaxy Watch Directly From The Watch
- From the watch surface, swipe down and hit the settings cog.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Software update section. It is tapped.
- The Galaxy Watch will start an update check. If an update is available, you will be requested to install it. Begin the installation process.
- Once the installation has begun, we suggest plugging it into a charger just in case.
If you’d rather update the Galaxy Watch 4 through your Android mobile, follow these instructions:
How To Update Your Galaxy Watch Through Your Android Smartphone
- On your Android smartphone, launch the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Ascertain that your watch is chosen before tapping Watch settings.
- At the bottom, scroll down and press Watch software update.
- Your smartphone will begin scanning for a new Galaxy Watch 4 update. If one is available, you’ll be presented with two options: overnight installation or immediate installation. Select one.
- If you choose to Install now, your phone will begin downloading the update and installing it instantly.
Since then, two significant content upgrades have been released. These upgrades are intended to include new features, such as more exercises and better sleep monitoring. It’s difficult to nail down an exact timeline for the Galaxy Watch 4 and its upgrades, but from what we’ve seen thus far, Samsung is making a concerted effort to keep the Galaxy Watch 4 updated and even offers up to four years of software updates.