In order to stay up to speed on the newest news, free browsing, movies updates, and money-making tips, join the SMARTTECHVILLAS WhatsApp and Telegram channels!. Click Here To Join Now!
Often at times we come across some computer and programming terms we may not know about but yet use them just because we find ourselves in a place whereby its used or perhaps we use them because so far since our mind started brooding into the world of ICT we’ve never seen or heard the words been used in full hence we might have forgotten the once we already knew as long as we what the term represents and what its does, that’s enough for us.
We use them without knowing their meaning
In today’s article I will be outlining some but not limited to the list the most commonly used words in the world of ICT and it Full meaning hence it is vital since we use them most times.
Some Commonly Used ICT Words You May Not Know Their Full Meaning
1. PAN: Primary Account Number.
2. PDF: Portable Document format.
3. SIM: Subscriber Identity Module.
4. ATM: Automated Teller Machine.
5. Wi-Fi: Wireless Fidelity.
6. GOOGLE: Global Organization Of Oriented Group Language Of Earth.
7. YAHOO: Yet Another Hierarchical
8. WINDOW: Wide Interactive Network Development for Office work Solution.
9. COMPUTER: Common Oriented Machine. Particularly United and Used under Technical
and Educational Research.
10. VIRUS: Vital Information Resources Under Siege.
11. UMTS: Universal Mobile Telecommunication System.
12. AMOLED: Active-Matrix Organic Light- Emitting diode.
13. OLED Organic Light-Emitting diode.
14. IMEI: International Mobile Equipment Identity.
15. ESN: Electronic Serial Number.
16. UPS: Uninterruptible Power Supply.
17. HDMI: High-Definition Multimedia Interface.
18. VPN: Virtual Private Network.
19. APN: Access Point Name.
20. LED: Light Emitting Diode.
21. DLNA: Digital Living Network Alliance.
22. RAM: Random Access Memory.
23. ROM: Read only memory.
24. VGA: Video Graphics Array.
25. QVGA: Quarter Video Graphics Array.
26. WVGA: Wide video Graphics Array.
27. WXGA: Widescreen Extended Graphics Array.
28. USB: Universal Serial Bus.
29. WLAN: Wireless Local Area Network.
30. PPI: Pixels Per Inch.
31. LCD: Liquid Crystal Display.
32. HSDPA: High Speed Down link Packet Access.
33. HSUPA: High-Speed Uplink Packet Access.
34. HSPA: High Speed Packet Access.
35. GPRS General Packet Radio Service.
36. EDGE: Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution.
37. NFC: Near Field Communication.
38. OTG: On-The-Go.
39. S-LCD: Super Liquid Crystal Display.
40. O.S: Operating System.
41. SNS: Social Network Service.
42. H.S Field: HOTSPOT.
43. P.O.I: Point Of Interest.
44. GPS: Global Positioning System.
45. DVD: Digital Video Disk.
46. DTP: Desktop Publishing.
47. DNSE: Digital Natural Sound Engine.
48. OVI: Ohio Video Intranet.
49. CDMA: Code Division Multiple Access.
50. WCDMA: Wide-band Code Division Multiple Access.
51. GSM: Global System for Mobile Communications.
52. DIVX: Digital Internet Video Access.
53. APK: Authenticated Public Key.
54. J2ME: Java 2 Micro Edition
55. SIS: System Installation Source.
56. DELL: Digital Electronic Link Library.
57. ACER: Acquisition Collaboration Experimentation Reflection.
58. RSS: Really Simple Syndication.
59. TFT: Thin Film Transistor.
60. AMR: Adaptive Multi-Rate.
61. MPEG: Moving Pictures Experts Group.
62. IVRS: Interactive Voice Response System.
63. HP: Hewlett Packard.