Whether you need to import some of your contacts to other people, transfer them to other devices or back them up somewhere on your iphone then you are in the right place. While you might share single contacts using the contact application, sharing several contacts at once can be technical.
I’ll walk you through the process of sharing contacts on your iPhone, including mass contact sharing.
How to share single contacts using the iPhone’s Contacts app
- First, launch the Contacts app. You may likewise get to your contacts by opening the Phone application and then tap on contact.
- Once you’ve access contacts on your iPhone.
- Now, identify the contact you wish to share, tap it.
- Choose Share Contact.
- Select a sharing option available to send the selected contact as a card.
How to Use iCloud to Share Multiple Contacts Between iPhones
To share contacts using iCloud necessitates backing them up to the cloud. This choice is useful if you have just purchased a new iPhone or if you need to move your full contact list to a device or operating system other than Apple.
However, although you may not need to proceed past the initial first step, if you just want to share a single contact, iCloud sharing comes in handy if you want to share numerous contacts. Be that as it may, you can only transfer contacts using this approach if you already set up iCloud.
Once you’ve activated iCloud, you should simply back up your contacts to iCloud and recover them on another iPhone. To enable contact backup to iCloud, follow these steps:
- Open the iPhone Settings app.
- From the top, click the Apple ID banner.
- Navigate to iCloud.
- Find Contacts and turn it on.
- If prompted, choose Merge to avoid iCloud duplication.
- Now, your contacts will be added to your iCloud backup.
Now that you’ve backed up your contacts, what to do next is to share them. Navigate to the iCloud website using your browser or Safari on your iPhone. For best results, I suggest using a computer.
You may transfer your contacts as a vCard from the iCloud website. which you can now downloaded to your computer. You may also share this file to others. If you have a new iPhone and wish to move your contacts, you may do so by restoring your iCloud backup. This brings your contacts back alongside
How to Share an iPhone Contact Group
A contact group, similar to a WhatsApp group, enables you to separate certain contacts from the bulk. A contact group enables you to send a broadcast message to a subset of, your contact list at once. It prohibits you from repeatedly sending messages to each contact.
Furthermore, it prevents you from sending it to everyone on your contact list. Sending a birthday invitation to a contact group, for example, is as simple as writing your message, choosing the group, and clicking the send button.
To utilize this contacts sharing feature, you must first make a contact group in iCloud. After you’ve added all of your contacts to that group, you may export it as a vCard and share it with others. Here’s how it’s done:
- At the bottom left, click the settings icon.
- Choose export vCard in other to download the group to your local directory.
- You can now share the downloaded contact group through your Email, WhatsApp, SMS or other suitable media.
How to synchronize and share your contacts with Gmail
Gmail, like iCloud, allows you to synchronize your contacts and then recover or download them.
Contacts backing to your Gmail is one of the best methods to keep them safe, regardless of whether you lose or move your phone.
If you wish to share these contacts, you can then export to your local directory and share them with others. Luckily, you can also export certain contacts.
If your contacts has already been backed up to your Gmail, use these steps to access and retrieve them.
- Open Gmail on your computer’s browser.
- At the upper right close to your image icon, click the grid icon.
- Then, choose Contacts.
- To export just certain contacts
- Hover your mouse over a contact to be added and check the box to the right.
- And do the same for each phone number you wish to export.
- To export for all contacts at once, just tap on the export button on the sidebar.
- From the modal box, choose vCard.
- Now lastly, tap export and save the contacts file to the local directory of your computer.
Gmail can synchronize and share your contacts. You may now send the downloaded vCard to someone who has an iPhone, and they can easily add them to their contacts.
There’s nothing more to it!
You may use any of the methods outlined above to share contacts with people on your iPhone without spending money on third-party subscription services. The Gmail option is easy for sending several contacts at once. So which one is your best preferred method of sharing your contacts!